I’ve returned from CHA, but have some unfinished business with this blog. I promise to post photos of those soon, but I must get through these year end/beginnings first.
To say that the end of 2013 “just got away from me” is an understatement! If you’ve been a reader of mine for awhile, you may have noticed that I went MIA from my blog for most of the month of December and have yet to officially welcome in 2014. Sure, I posted challenges here and there for my Design Teams, but for the most part, I was simply absent.
I’m always amazed at how quickly time flies and am glad that at the end of each year (or in this case, the beginning of the new year), I set aside the time to reflect upon the year’s top moments.
So please excuse me, late as I am, this is just something I have to do. Toodles to 2013; here are my top 10 memories:
1. I started the year by heading off to CHA with my crafty gals. These lovelies are simply the best and I can, have and will continue to share many laughs with them. (Missing Spike as she was at the Ranger booth) I think one of my favourite parts of going to CHA is seeing old friends and making new ones! You can read further about my CHA 2013 experience here and here.
2. In February, the Beau and I headed down to the Seattle area to visit our dear friends. Weekends such as these are usually food filled. I was also able to visit with Sparkle and Brent which was a bonus.
3. A lot of my evenings were filled with completing assignments as I continued to pursue my marketing certificate part-time.
4.The Beau and I were able to spend a fabulous weekend with my mom and my dad over the Easter weekend. My mom really got into egg decorating with us and I was pleasantly pleased with the results of the polka dot eggs.
5. In May, we watched my old roommate and good friend walk down the aisle to greet her new husband. It was a fun evening and we walked away with the centrepiece; his name is Wilson (after the bride’s maiden name).
7. In October, one of my longest friends also turned 30 and I am so thrilled that I was able to celebrate another milestone birthday with her. We’ve been friends since highschool and I hold her very near to my heart. We went up to Whistler to celebrate and this was one of the few photos I snapped of the beautiful fall weather.
8. Usually the Beau and I are able to getaway on a big trip once a year and this year, we were invited to come to Chicago. We absolutely love that this city! Everything about it from the architecture, the transit system and the food is amazing!
9. Our invitation to go to Chicago came from Colin and Liz who got married on October 26th. I am truly grateful that they shared their special day with us and I was able to meet so many fabulous people from all over Canada/USA. (Photo by the talented Christy Tyler)
10. The biggest moment that I am still living in: I moved from my apartment of almost 5 years into a new one in December. I never recommend moving during the holidays, but sometimes, you just have to do what you have to do. But boy, has it been a big feat, haha.
An honourable mention: In 2013, I welcomed so many of my friends’ babies into my life. These little people sure know how to put some serious smiles on my face.
So there you have it, my big moments of 2013 and also the reason why I was absent in December. It takes a lot of time to organize and stay on top of it all!
Do you have organizational resolutions or goals you’ve made for 2014? I’m planning some blog posts for sharing some of mine, but I’d love to hear about yours.